17/02/2016

Movie Review: The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

source: tumblr.com
I still remember the very first time I saw this movie which is like, I don't exactly count it but I guess, two years ago. And from the very first time I saw it, I was so in love! Believe it or not, this movie had that kind of tense you would never imagine. This movie is still listed on my top 100 good-movie-all-the-time.

This movie tells the story about Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) who is accused of his wife's murder and sent to Shawshank Prison to serve his sentences even he tried claiming his innocence. Frank Darabont successfully brought this movie up to the top; not too tough for those who are still new in movie thingy, but not too tender for a movie-enthusiast. The plot was more than I've ever expected from any movie, like, you wouldn't even stop watching it even for a second. The twist was fine but undeniably epic. I treasured every aspect of this movie, and for that, I gave them 8/10.

And by the way, here is the trailer. Sorry if I put the wrong trailer.


And as any other great movie, let's move to metacritic.com. They gave this movie 80/100 based on 19 critics and 9.3/10 from imdb.com. From rottentomatoes.com, this movie got 98% of audience score.

Well, I guess, that's all. Sorry for a bad review and really late post. I just got home anyway. Ehe. So, enjoy your day! Goedenacht!

No comments: